Sunday 24 May 2020

Birthday Gorilla

I received a parcel the other day from my pal, Joe. In it, I discovered copies of the most recent Spellcaster and Across the Wastes for Rangers of Shadow Deep... and a little box. Inside said box was a belated birthday present - this big old boy, painted by Joe:
He's from Reaper Miniatures' Bones line, simply called 'Gorilla' (which does him a disservice, if you ask me - he's clearly not just any old gorilla!). I'd seen the model before, but not really clocked just how large it is - he towers over most of the stuff in my collection...
Even allowing for the difference in basing, he's a big, beefy boy!
He's a really lovely gift - and a thoughtful one - I have been somewhat tempted to build an all-ape warband for a while, using Lucid Eye's fun little range of simians. Not that I have specific plans for what to do with them... they'd fit nicely into Ghost Archipelago, to be fair. Perhaps as opponents for the vaguely Conquistador-y models that make up The Nameless Army. Now that I've got King Chimp here to lead them, I guess I have no excuse anymore! Thanks, Joe!

***
Disclaimer:
All links to third-party sites are solely for the purposes of sourcing the products I have discussed, if anyone is so inclined. I have simply linked to the original manufacturer or the source I used (but feel free to shop around!) and make no money from people clicking through.


No comments:

Post a Comment