Monday 8 April 2019

Chaos Vult!

It's been a while since I painted anything for the Choleric Order of the Yellow Bile, but I've had the Oathmark Human Infantry and the Frostgrave Cultists sat to one side for quite some time, just waiting to be turned into Templars for the cult. Recently, the urge to do some kitbashing came upon me, so I pulled out those kits and started mucking around with some bits and bobs. Before I knew it, I'd built nine figures!
The models were pretty straightforward to put together - Oathmark bodies and arms with Frostgrave heads. Only one neck joint had a gap that needed filling, but a shaving of sprue and some polystyrene cement saw to that. As usual, the biggest fuss was drilling out some of the hands to accommodate wire spears.
Paintjob was the by-now familiar brown/grey shades for clothing and then the varied yellows for the hoods and shields. I originally toyed with the idea of giving them a uniform (the concept being that they were members of the City Watch by day, and cultists by night), but I couldn't settle on a scheme that worked for me, and so they became more overtly culty. As the militant wing of the cult, it does make sense that they would be 'full-time', acting as enforcers and guards for the Magisters and cult operations.
Nine models is an odd number, and the reason for that is I am awaiting delivery of my Templar Grandmaster. Once he arrives, he'll fill up the unit to the desired 10 figures.

The Choleric Order of the Yellow Bile now stands at 52 models:



It's not stopping there, though. Progress may be slow, but I've got more plans for this lot. Some regular cultists, for starters, and I'd like to add an allied force of some description to represent the other denizens of the under-city - not members of the cult, but with frequently aligning goals of their own. I have a few things under way on that score already...

*** 
Disclaimer: All links to third-party sites are solely for the purposes of sourcing the products I have discussed, if anyone is so inclined. I have simply linked to the original manufacturer or the source I used (but feel free to shop around!) and make no money from people clicking through.

No comments:

Post a Comment