Wednesday 17 June 2020

Light Relief

Having polished off six of the ten planned light infantry for The Nameless Army last week, I ploughed straight into the remaining four this week. I've praised Fireforge's range before for being a delight to paint, but I can't remember the last time I knocked models off my desk so quickly. Granted, the paintjobs won't win any awards, and I'm not going to get them on the table any time soon, but... I forget where I was going with this...
Having completed the officer alongside the last batch, this lot are just four rank-and-file grunts - two for a nominal front rank (spears lowered), and two for a rear rank with spears grounded. Here's the full unit in all it's glory...
With just four figures for this army that don't come from the Fireforge boxed sets (and which haven't arrived yet... they're due to go into the last of the currently planned units), and just two components (heads) from other kits, this is - hands down - the most consistent force I've ever mustered. Happily (or, at least, reassuringly), the characters will be a much more traditional mix of bits and pieces from all over. They're somewhat in limbo until a certain new release is available so, in the meantime, I'll be moving onto a new project, with the rough ambition of balancing out the Conquistador-y vibe I've been getting from this bunch...
Watch this space...
*** 
Disclaimer: All links to third-party sites are solely for the purposes of sourcing the products I have discussed, if anyone is so inclined. I have simply linked to the original manufacturer or the source I used (but feel free to shop around!) and make no money from people clicking through.

No comments:

Post a Comment