Thursday 30 May 2019

More Rabble

I just polished off another six cultists for the Choleric Order of the Yellow Bile to accompany the previous half-dozen. Everything that went for that batch goes for this one, really! The one exception is that, to mix up some of the arm options, I introduced some arms from the Ghost Archipelago Crewmen (the guy with the raised club) and the Oathmark Human Infantry (the swordsman).
This latter figure was the particular bane of this batch of figures (there's always one!)... I originally wanted to give him a sword and shield to match the Templars but just couldn't get it to work the way I wanted. Before the right arm seen here, I glued on - then removed - two others. And a shield. Were it not for the fact that I need 18 cultist figures and the Fireforge Living Dead Peasants box comes with 18 figures, I would probably have binned him and moved on. As it is, a compromise was found and the model has grown on me - the awkward lurch with the right arm stiffly held tight to the side kind of works given the army's theme...
Just six more of these guys to go, and I think I'll be using more of the OathmarkFrostgrave, and Ghost Archipelago arms to avoid excessive reptition. There are more than enough weapon options in the Fireforge kit, to be fair - I'm just not a huge fan of some of them. I'm also considering doing the last six with spears to lend even more variation to the unit as a whole.

Before that, though, a little palate-cleanser...

The Choleric Order of the Yellow Bile...

...and friends...


*** 
Disclaimer: All links to third-party sites are solely for the purposes of sourcing the products I have discussed, if anyone is so inclined. I have simply linked to the original manufacturer or the source I used (but feel free to shop around!) and make no money from people clicking through.

No comments:

Post a Comment